Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness
The Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness is a qualification regulated by Ofqual (Department of Education), and has been created using animation, motion graphics and white-boarding to engage, inform and deliver a more modern approach in understanding mental health.
This Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness has been created to:
- Support, resource and empower the learner
- Raise awareness of the issues surrounding mental health difficulties
- Develop learners’ understanding of mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, dementia, bipolar and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Dispel some of the myths and misconceptions frequently linked to mental health.
- Develop learners’ knowledge of the rights of those with mental health issues.
- Develop learners’ understanding of the cultural diversity within mental health issues and explore common perceptions of mental health difficulties.
- Create an understanding of how stereotyping effects and shape people’s, views, opinions and beliefs.
- Develop learners’ knowledge of the rights of those with mental health difficulties and the relevant professional support services available.
- Course guide
- Learner details
- Introduction to course
1.1 Define the terms ‘mental health’ and ‘mental ill-health’
1.2 Identify possible causes of mental health problems
1.3 Identify examples of mental health problems
1.4 List common sources of information on mental health issues
2.1 State the percentage of people in the UK that might experience mental health problems
2.2 Identify the effects that experiencing a mental health problem might have on an individual
2.3 Outline how mental health is reported in the media
2.4 Identify the negative effects media reporting can have on an individual
2.5 Identify the negative effects media reporting can have on society
2.6 Outline how stereotyping can affect people with mental health problems
3.1 Identify the rights of people experiencing mental ill-health
3.2 & 3.3 Identify possible responses that can be made to support an individual with mental health & outline factors which can have an impact on whether a response will work
3.4 Identify where to refer people to go for further help or guidance about mental health issues
3.5 Identify ways to promote positive mental health
4.1 Identify possible causes of mental distress in different cultural groups
4.2 & 4.3 Examples that may exist for different cultural groups accessing services and overcoming these barriers
4.4 Outline that can help promote positive mental health amongst different cultural groups
Completion of workbook
Watch a preview
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Mental Health Awareness, the learner needs to successfully complete all summative assessments after each module to demonstrate their understanding.
This is a one day course (approx 8 hours), however you don’t have to complete the course in one sitting, so don’t worry you can log back in and continue where you have left off.
Awarding body: NCFE CACHE
CACHE stands for the Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education, and are the leading specialist Awarding Organisation.
Qualification reference number: 501/0253/9
Course code: MHA01
NVQ Credits: 3